Buffalo Police Arrest Suspect In String Of 5 Armed Robberies
Police in Buffalo made an arrest in connection to 5 armed robberies that took place in January. The suspect was arrested on Saturday, January 21, 2023, for the robberies, which took place between January 9 and January 15.
A Buffalo man, 27-year-old Jarmel Caldwell, allegedly stole hundreds of dollars in cash, jewelry, and a pair of sneakers.
The armed robberies Caldwell allegedly committed happened at the following dates and times:
1. Monday, January 9, 2023, at approximately 10:45 am - a store on the 600 block of Walden Avenue.
2. Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at approximately 4:10 pm - a store on the 1500 block of Genesee Street.
3. Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at approximately 4:30 pm - a store on the 800 block of Fillmore Avenue.
4. Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at approximately 4:40 pm - a store on the 100 block of Mills Street.
5. Sunday, January 15, 2023, at approximately 12:30 am - a taxi at the intersection of Walden Avenue and Sumner Place.
Buffalo Police Department's Ferry-Fillmore district detectives and the Erie Crime Analysis Center, identified Caldwell as the suspect in the case. He was charged with 5 counts of Robbery in the Second Degree, a class C felony, for each of the incidents listed above.
Crime Stoppers WNY Offer $2,500 Reward For Buffalo Robbery Suspect
A Buffalo man is wanted by local police and the U.S. Marshals Service in connection to a robbery. A $2,500 is being offered as a reward for information leading to his arrest and conviction. Lonzell Wiley is wanted by the Buffalo Police Department and U.S. Marshals Service for a second-degree robbery. Do not try to apprehend Wiley yourself. You can submit a tip via the Crime Stoppers WNY website.
Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to the arrest of Lonzell Wiley. He's wanted by BPD and the U.S. Marshals Service for robbery 2nd. If you have any info, please call, use our app or our website to report. You cannot report tips via Facebook Messenger.