UB To Hold A Full Scale “Active Shooter” Exercise This Week
UB has announced the school will be hosting a full-scale "active shooter" drill on Wednesday, August 1, on their North Campus. The drills will take place around Hadley Village from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The UB Emergency Management department will be working in collaboration with local, state and federal emergency responders during this drill to help prepare in the event of an active shooter. You will see actors with simulated injuries and emergency vehicles in use during the exercises. However, the drill will not be open to students or the general public.
While the drill in taking place access to the Cooke A, B and C faculty and staff parking lots on the North Campus will be temporarily unavailable. As well as access to Hadley Road between Rensch and Augspurger.
Here's a list of the participating agencies in the drill from the UB website.
- University Police
- Environment, Health and Safety
- Student Life
- University Communications
- School of Nursing
- School of Public Health and Health Professions
- The Behling Simulation Center of the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Buffalo Fire Department
- Erie County Emergency Services
- Amherst Police
- Town of Amherst Emergency Services
- Getzville Fire Department
- Erie County Medical Center
- Erie County Department of Health
- Kaleida Health, including DeGraff Memorial Hospital, Buffalo General Medical Center, Oishei Children’s Hospital of Buffalo and Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
- New York State Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- New York State Department of Health
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- American Medical Response
- Twin City Ambulance
Read more about the drill here.