13 Boat, Tiki, Pontoon Tours And Rentals in Buffalo And WNY [List]
One of the things I love the most about Buffalo and Western New York is that we can get out and enjoy all of the bodies of water that surround us. We have access to so many different lakes, rivers, canals, and beaches, all within a 10 to 30-minute drive. You may not know about all of the different boats and watercraft you can rent to explore our waterways, so here are 13 fun boats, water bikes, pontoons, and other watercraft you can rent this summer in Buffalo.
1. BFLO Harbor & Kayak: Located at Canalside (44 Prime Street in Buffalo), it offers paddle boat, paddle board and kayak rentals. The 2022 season begins Memorial Day weekend. It's open from 9 am to 8 pm, Monday through Sunday. Call 716-288-5309 or visit its website.
Our paddleboard and kayak rentals include everything you need to enjoy a relaxing trip on the water. Explore the Buffalo River at your leisure, or book one of our tours to find out even more about Buffalo’s great industrial past! ~ Buffalo Harbor & Kayak
2. Water Bikes of Buffalo: Eight adult and 12 children's pedal bikes are available at The Water @ Canalside. You can also rent them from Buffalo Harbor and the Buffalo River! Water Bikes of Buffalo, where 18 water bikes and a two-passenger bike are available. Call 716-681-4643 or visit its website.
How else better to see this historic area than by taking a ride with Water Bikes of Buffalo™! Experience the fun and excitement of the canal as you pedal your way past the giant grain elevators, along side naval ships at the naval museum and then down to the lighthouse near Lake Erie. ~Water Bikes of Buffalo
3. Buffalo River History Tours: Offers several tours, including Buffalo River History Tour, Cocktail Cruise, and the Silo City Tour. It's located at 44 Prime Street in Buffalo. Call 716-796-4556 or visit its website.
We offer Buffalo River tours and narrated tours inside the grain elevators of Silo City. Hear the story of the Erie Canal, Buffalo’s history as the largest grain port in the world, and experience the nation’s largest collection of standing grain elevators from just a few feet away. ~Buffalo River History Tours
4. Flamingo Boats at Hoyt Lake: You can reserve one of the 10 flamingo boats or regular canoes online at Buffalo Maritime Center. There are 2 and 4-passenger flamingo boats available for rent. The boats can be rented for 30-60 minutes. A 30-minute rental is $15 per boat and a 60-minute rental is $25 per boat. Rentals run Monday through Sunday from 12 noon to 7 pm daily.
5. Buffalo CycleBoats: Located at 301 Ohio Street in Buffalo, it's open It costs $35 per person for a 2-hour boat tour and you can bring your own beverages and snacks. Call 716-800-7543 or visit its website.
Buffalo CycleBoats is a unique boating experience for any occasion! Whether you call us a boat, a bike, or a floating pedal pub, your experience will be unforgettable! Come aboard our 16 passenger boat, pedal, relax and enjoy scenic Downtown Buffalo and Canalside. ~Buffalo CycleBoats
6. Buffalo Tiki Tours: Sails out of Buffalo Riverworks, located at 359 Ganson Street in Buffalo. It offers sunset cruises, whole day event rate, bachelorette and bachelor cruises and they even have a minister for weddings! Call 716-800-7568 or visit Buffalo Tiki Tours.
Whether it’s JUST HANGING WITH FRIENDS FOR A FUN TIME or taking a romantic cruise Buffalo Tiki Tours is one of the coolest ways to get out on the water! ~Buffalo Tiki Tours
7. Maid of the Mist Boat Tour: Departs from Niagara Reservation State Park at Prospect Point in Niagara Flass, New York. The tours begin at 9 or 10 am (depending on date you go) and run every 15 minutes. Each tour lasts approximately 20 minutes. You cannot make a reservation. Passengers can be of any age. Call 716-284-8897 or visit its website.
You’ve never felt the power of Niagara Falls like this before. Join us on our all-new, fully electric boats to truly experience the rush from the 600,000 gallons of water falling per second. Come feel it for yourself. ~Maid of the Mist Boat Tour
8. Spirit of Buffalo: Offers Wine in the Wind, Craft Brew Sail, Pirate Sail and you can even get married onboard! It's located at Central Wharf at Canalside, 44 Prime Street in Buffalo. Call 716-796-7210 or visit its website.
Sail back in time aboard the Spirit of Buffalo and discover traditional sailing on a classic 73-foot topsail schooner. ~Spirit of Buffalo
9. Buffalo Harbor Cruises - Miss Buffalo II: Departs from 329 Erie Street at the entrance of the Erie Basin Marina in downtown Buffalo. It offers several cruises, including Buffalo Harbor Cruise, the Dixieland Jazz Brunch, Harbor Happy Hour Cruise, and more. Call 716-856-6696 or visit its website.
We are proud to have been an important part of so many stories, experiences and events out on the great waterways of Buffalo! For 49 years, we have been able to show you the best of Buffalo from a sailor’s point of view and we hope to add you to our manifest when we welcome you aboard soon! ~Buffalo Harbor Cruises
10. West Side Rowing Club: Is located at 1 Rotary Row in Buffalo. It offers rowing programs all year for youth. You can call 716-881-9797 or visit its website.
The West Side Rowing Club is a non-profit organization run by volunteers whose purpose is the advancement of the physical, mental, and moral well being of the youth of the City of Buffalo, New York and surrounding communities by education, training, instruction, and participation in the art of rowing and other athletic pursuits. ~West Side Rowing Club
11. Collins Marine: Offers pontoon boat rentals. It is located at 4444 River Road in Tonawanda. You can rent from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday. It is closed on Sunday. Call 716-875-6000 or visit its website.
All our pontoon boats come equipped with Bimini shade tops, front and rear benches, 3 doors, boarding ladders, cooler, AM/FM Radio. All necessary US Coast Guard Safety gear is included, including life jackets for adults and children of all ages and sizes. ~Collins Marine
12. Falls Fireworks Cruise: Runs every Saturday until June 11th. Weekend Falls Fireworks Cruises will run June 18th to 20th and June 25th to 27th. Then it will run daily from June 30th until Labor Day. The 40-minute tour departs from the Niagara City Cruises dock (5920 Niagara Parkway, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
L2E 6X8) at 9:30 pm. You can find more information on its website.
There are few experiences like that of seeing the Falls up close at night, with the sight of exploding fireworks over the brink. It makes for a magical outing in the mist that won't soon be forgotten. ~ Niagara City Cruises
13. Queen City Bike Ferry: It's a boat that takes pedestrians and bikes between Buffalo's inner and outer harbor. For only $1 each way, you and your bike can get out on the water for the 5- to 10-minute boat ride. The ferry service will run daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day. The ferry will run Monday - Friday from 12 pm to 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 8 pm. You can find more info here.
From Bike Ferry Landing, passengers have walking access to Wilkeson Pointe Park, Times Beach Nature Preserve and the Chinamen’s Lighthouse. For bikers, destinations include the Greenway Nature Trail, Buffalo Harbor State Park, Charlie's Boathouse Restaurant, Outer Harbor Playground, Tifft Nature Preserve, and the Outer Harbor Bike Trails.