Here’s a List Of WNY Retail That Will Be Allowed To Reopen In Phase One
Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz spoke to the media on Monday and discussed in depth what it would take to start the reopening process in Western New York.
Poloncarz is confident the region would start reopening by June 1st but it's possible that could be between May 15th and June 1st, as long as the region reaches the benchmark set by New York State for hospitalizations and deaths from COVID-19, according to WIVB. The region has met five of the seven requirements so far.
But what will be reopening in Phase One?
It includes construction and manufacturing but it also includes quite a bit of retail, as long as it's ONLY delivery and curbside pickup.
Here's the retail that could reopen in Phase One, according to New York State:
- Clothing Stores
- Direct Selling Establishments
- Electronics and Appliance Stores
- Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses
- Furniture and Home Furnishing Stores
- General Merchandise Stores
- Health and Personal Care Stores
- Jewelry, Luggage, and Leather Goods Stores
- Lawn and Garden Equipment and Supplies Stores
- Office Supplies, Stationery, and Gift Stores
- Used Merchandise Stores
- Shoe Stores
- Sporting Goods, Hobby, Musical Instrument and Book Stores
- Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers
All businesses, including retailers, MUST have a plan in place to protect the employees and customers once reopened. They will not be allowed to without it, according to Poloncarz.
So there might be a lot of retailers opening in the next two to three weeks here in Western New York. Stay tuned.
Read more here.