The Best Places To Pick Strawberries In Western New York
I know...you can pick strawberries up at the store, but there's nothing better than fresh strawberries that you just picked from a field.
It's not easy work. You have to pick through the ones that are past their prime and skip the ones that aren't ready yet. They're never in the shade so it can be ridiculously hot. If you're really picky it can take hours.
But it's worth it.
Fresh strawberries are one of the absolute best things about summers in Western New York. According to healthline.com, strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and manganese and also contain decent amounts of folate. So they're good for you...oh...and they're delicious too. Lucky for us, there are a bunch of places to go to get them and now is the time when most people are picking them.
So start making your shortcake. Whip up some of your famous homemade whipped cream and get ready to pick some strawberries. These are the best places to pick up a couple flats full of the sweetest strawberries that Western New York has to offer.
1. Greg's U-Pick Farm Market and CSA - 9270 Lapp Rd, Clarence Center, NY 14032 (+17167414239)
2. Hen-Hawk Acres - 13439 Genesee Rd, Chaffee, NY 14030 (+17165608302)
3. Weiss Farms - 7828 E Eden Rd, Eden, NY 14057 (+17169929619)
4. Mel's Organic Strawberry/Vegetable Farm - 735 Centerline Road Strykersville, NY 14145 (585.297.0653)
5. Thorpe's Organic Family Farm - 12866 Strykersville Rd, East Aurora, NY 14052 (+17166554486)
6. Coulter Farms - 3871 N Ridge Rd, Lockport, NY 14094 (+17164338300)
No matter where you end up going, be sure to call ahead to make sure that they're picking the specific fruit you're hoping to get. Be respectful of the property and enjoy!
6 Homemade Mosquito Repellent Sprays New Yorkers Need This Summer
Top 50 Summer Restaurants in Buffalo and Western New York
8 Great Waterfront Summer Playdate Ideas for Kids in Buffalo