Get SUPER CHEAP Trees + Shrubs From Erie County By Next Week
I feel like this is a gold mine if you are looking to get some infant trees or shrubs this year. It is no surprise that buying trees are expensive--at least if they are grown.
Every single year, The Erie County Soil and Water Conservation District offer very low-cost seedlings and saplings for you to buy. There is an order sheet that you fill out and send in along with your check and then there is a pick-up day for all of our trees and bushes, which this year is April 23, 2002.
My wife and I have participated the past couple of years and here are a few of the deals that seem too good to be true. You can get:
- 30 Christmas trees for only $33
- 10 Black Walnut Trees for only $18
- You can get 30 River Birch, 30 Red Maples, or 30 White Oaks for only $51.
- If you were trying to start a Christmas farm, you could get 50 Balsam Fir for only $120.
- But, they also have "packs" available as well. For example You will get 2 of each of these - Shagbark Hickory, Northern Red Oak, Pin Oak, Swamp White Oak, Black Walnut.
Annual Conservation Tree & Shrub
You have to have your order forms in the hands of The Erie County Soil and Water Conservation District by March 4, 2022 and pick up at the Hamburg Fairgrounds on April 23.
REMINDER: These are transplants and seedlings. Most of them range between 6 inches and 3 feet tall, so don't feel like you are going to need a trailer or anything when you go pick up your plants. The process is very simple, you go in there with your form and they are organized by your last name.