Watch The Blue Angel’s Impressive, Daring Aerobatic Maneuvers Over Buffalo
The Blue Angels are coming! The Blue Angels are coming! I'm a far cry from Paul Revere, and the Blue Angel's are even farther from the "Redcoats," but it's true; they are coming to Buffalo this summer.
They're part of the "Thunder on the Buffalo Waterfront" Air Show, being held at the Outer Harbor over Father's Day weekend (June 19th & 20th).
The Blue Angels will be putting their brand new F-18 Super Hornets on display with their aerobatic maneuvers. You'll also be able to see the Air Force's F-16 Viper Team and the C-17 Demonstration Team, among others.
If you use the Outer Harbor area or drive around the area much (as I do - it's a great area to take a bike ride or go kayaking), there are some temporary changes for that weekend you need to know ahead of time.
- The changes will only be in place the weekend the air show takes place.
- They'll have a "practice" session Friday, June 18, from Noon to 4:00 p.m.
- The Air Show itself happens Saturday, June 19, and Sunday, June 20, from Noon to 4:00 p.m. (both days).
- If you use the boat launches out of the harbor, they'll close at dusk on Thursday night, June 17, and will open back up again after the show finishes that Sunday (the 20th).
- If you want to drive into the park to watch the show, there are no pre-sale tickets, and it's first-come, first-served. And you'll have to pay a $20 fee for a parking spot.
- Empire Passports or any other New York State Parks parking passes won't be honored.