You Know You Have Lived in Lancaster If You Know These 7 Things
I grew up in Lancaster. I'm proud to be from Lancaster and honestly, probably will never leave. My wife and I love doing all the same things you probably do or did living in Lancaster: going to Como, eating at the Lancaster Coffee Co., heading to the 4th of July beer tent, and still going to the Lancaster-Depew game every October.
We are in this group on Facebook 'You Must Be From Lancaster If....' and it triggered us to start thinking of a list of things that reminded us of growing up in the 14086. Here is what we could think of. If you can think of anything else good let us know so we can add it--especially, if you graduated in the 1970s or 1980s, please!
- If you have ever had your bagel buttered with a paintbrush at 6 AM before....you went to Lancaster High School.
- If you know what GBP means....you are 100% from Lancaster.
- You have had the best chocolate chip lunch cookies on the planet earth.
- You know this woman...MRS. ARBER.
- Speaking of names: you know at least, one of these three: CEASAR, OSCAR, AND PAVELJACK.
- When you have every fire truck in Western New York come to you to do a parade throughout your town, you live in Lancaster.
- You know what 'The Flats' is.
- If you've gone scum jumping at Como, you're from Lancaster.
- If you got a place named Ronny's delivered to you during class at one point, you for sure know you're from Lancaster.
- You have walked down Central Ave. during lunch to go to Tim Horton's.
- You have had a sports banquet at Eddie Ryan's at some point in your life.
- There is an Opera House in your town. Think about that. We have heard about it for our whole lives we might not realize how unique that actually can be. There is only 1 other town in Western New York with one. (At least that we know of--feel free to correct me if we are wrong, please).
Great Cafes + Coffee Shops in Lancaster, NY
10 Buffalo Restaurants for a One-of-a-Kind Dining Experience
9 of the Best Restaurants on Hertel Ave in Buffalo
6 Delicious Drinks That We (Mostly) Only Drink During The Holidays