There is rising concern over the rising positive cases of COVID-19 in the 14215 zip code in Buffalo. Erie County Legislator April Baskin posted the information below about the 14215 zip code to her Instagram page, on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. As it states, the 14215 zip code has almost 5,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of August 22, which is the highest for any zip code in Erie County. With only 57.8 percent of the population in Erie County being fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control, and only 45.5 percent of the residents in the 14215 zip code being vaccinated, according to New York State, this is certainly causing concern.
According to the NY Times,
Cases have increased recently and are very high. The number of hospitalized Covid patients has also risen in the Erie County area. Deaths have remained at about the same level.
With this being one of the zip codes on the east side, we really need to address this. These positive cases are affecting our community. We cannot keep suffering at the hands of this virus!
New York State is Mandating That All These People Take the Vaccine [List]
Here is a list of all the professions and people that New York State is requiring to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Prior to leaving office, Governor Cuomo announced on August 16, that all healthcare professionals must get vaccinated.
- Governor Cuomo announced that every New York State employee must get vaccinated.
- CUNY and SUNY students must be vaccinated in order to attend in-person classes.
- New York City residents who want to enjoy indoor, public activities, including dining, entertainment and fitness.
- All school personnel
- All active-duty and reserve military members (not directly mandate through NYS, but affects members of the military in the state).
If you live in New York State and would like to get the vaccine, you can get more information here.
If you are interested in getting vaccinated, the Erie County Department of Health has several pop-up vaccination events coming up:
Saturday, August 28, 2021
Sadie Strong 5K Walk event (2 Nottingham Terrace, Buffalo, NY 14216) from 8 am to 12 pm
Sunday, August 29, 2021
Canalside (44 Prime St, Buffalo, NY 14202) from 11 am to 3 pm.
You can also get a vaccine at home by calling (716)858-2929 or visiting http://erie.gov/vax, which is also where you can register for any of the pop-up events above.